Aspergers Mommy

My photo
Well I am a mom of two wonderful kids that I have been blessed with!!! I am not a psychiatrist, or a doctor so anything I say is not the answer to all, it might not even be the right thing for me!! lol I do my best with who and what I have to overcome any challenge with lots and lots of prayer,my mom who is God given just to me for this very reason, my sisters, and friends! I love life, mostly positive........BUT I am insane at times, get to the point of wanting to explode! lol.. I sing kids songs way too much! Did I mention I am OCD when it comes to cleaning. Which believe it or not I think is what keeps me sane. When I clean, I love it. Breakdowns, crying, talking, just all seem to be ok as I clean..Thank God for OCD!!!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Aspergers...ODD.... EMOTIONAL BINGO!!! Feb. 16, 2012

Happy Thursday!!! 
AND 
Day before pay day for me anyway= )


Yes, I am fully aware that it is not Friday, I just missed it so much and by me not writing every day, I don't have room in one blog post for all the brain matter leaking out of my head on to the page!!   EW.......That is a gross thought!!!  Sorry, but that is what I thought, so I wrote it.. I tend to do that  lolol

Anyway this week has been ALL over the place and it was not just cause of Samarra really, but baby girl got sick.. poor baby got strep and RSV at the same time and was not feeling well at all.... But even sick she is just one of the happiest babies= )

Actually with the baby sick Samarra has been more cooperative as to not get her to cry.. lol  Samarra freaks out when she does.

BUT................The death thoughts were alive and kicking.. lolol  get it death.. alive... OH never mind  lol I thought it was funny.. I crack myself up!!!  lolol

Samarra kept saying things like well it is too bad Siahna is going to die in her sleep tonight..............GGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR  If you know me I was worried as all get out anyway and to hear that I was PISSED.......... but once again I got the calm hand of Jesus to wrap me up and threaten to squeeze me to death if I lashed out at her  lolol  I just told her that that was not nice and does she really want something like that.. Of course she said no.. but she just wanted to prepare me in case..............GEEEZE.. that still didn't help!!!!!!!!!   So she continued the next day with different scenarios of how she could die and This time there was not a hand of Jesus around me, but I didn't loose it  lolol  Go Momma Go Momma!!!!!!! I am so proud of me........... Well thank you me lolol 

I looked at her and said.........OK, now it is my turn to prepare you for something...........Say one more word about your sister like that and my hand will be meeting your butt............Do you want to talk about all the different scenarios of how that will happen????????????  She said no.... lolol wasn't much fun that way I guess.... lololol

So on to the EMOTIONAL BINGO.....When you read that put like a tunnel sound to it and let it echo.. it sounds so much cooler that way LOLOLOL

Anyway.. At therapy this week, we played emotional bingo, it was interesting to explore so many in an hour!!

I have said MANY times.. Samarra has a very hard time with emotions, even the positive ones.. perfect example in my last post.. the video of her getting excited...Well she avoids ALL emotional situations at all costs.. even something as simple as someone having a confrontation on tv.. like on a children's show like Max and Ruby...

Any confrontation, embarrassing thing, sad, excited, mad.... All of it, she covers her ears and rocks and hums till it is over........in real life, she compensated by acting out, saying inappropriate things, jumping around, flaring about.. changing subjects.. she will even go so far as to get in trouble just to avoid something.

So the therapist had noticed that every time she is talking to Samarra and she is faced with an emotion she starts flopping around, covering her eyes, kicking her feet, sloping down on the copuch.. just a total disconnect form the whole situation and starts getting mean and angry when asked to stop. and says mean things.

Like yesterday she got mad at me when we were about to leave the therapist and she looked at me and slid her finger across her throat to say she was going to cut my throat.........OOPS Therapist saw it and called her out quick lol Even before I had a chance to!!!!!!!!!!! lolol She is like my mom with the "cheetah reactions".. BOY.. When i grew up like you could get in trouble and it be over and you be standing there wondering what happened sometimes........ lololol

But ...... The game was interesting, Samarra Love's games so she did ok, but the therapist used the time to really focus on Samarra and try to get her to engage in the conversation........Lets just say.........We made maybe 1% progress.. BUT HEY.. who am I to complain.. progress is progress... Most of the time consisted of Samarra staring off, getting up to just wonder off, focused on different things in the room, bouncing, clapping, kicking and no eye contact unless reminded... Then she decided to respond to all request by spelling all her words.. She is an amazing speller!!!

The therapist at one point asked if I had given her her medication .. .lol........

I am thinking I might buy that game.. not to play everyday, but once the therapist has used it and we have talked about all the different emotions just as a good reminder......

She is cute though this morning she said when we left after taking baby to moms house.. Siahna was extra needy today and was crying.. Samarra said.....And what emotion are you experiencing mom... lololol So I told her I had a few of them right then. sad, guilty for leaving....She said well I think it is funny....

I said Well now I am experiencing some anger.......

She says........maybe you should call Dr. Poyner, cause I am NOT helping you with that.. lololol But, she was thinking about an emotions. lololol

So this week was kinda up and down and I just really want all the sick to go away!!!!!!!!!!! Like I need to put my house in a bubble and walk around like a lab rat for like a week just sanitizing, then not let the kids out ever............OH wait bad idea, i will be in there with them.. IXNAY on that.. I will take my chances lololol

OH update, NO inappropriate kissing this past week!! YAY!!!

So most of the pictures are of Siahna this time, because Samarra was not wanting pictures this time..lol


OH and Happy Late Valentines Day!!!

AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW  Thats it= )

Baby girl doing a breathing treatment...  she is an expert now!!

And again I say ...AWWWWWWWW

Poor baby after getting sick this morning= (

She is soooooooooo big, but yet.... So small....  aww
Have a great day!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like everything is 100mph at your place! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does go 100mph, funny thing is.. When it slows down, i feel lost.... So I guess I was made for it??

    ReplyDelete