Aspergers Mommy

My photo
Well I am a mom of two wonderful kids that I have been blessed with!!! I am not a psychiatrist, or a doctor so anything I say is not the answer to all, it might not even be the right thing for me!! lol I do my best with who and what I have to overcome any challenge with lots and lots of prayer,my mom who is God given just to me for this very reason, my sisters, and friends! I love life, mostly positive........BUT I am insane at times, get to the point of wanting to explode! lol.. I sing kids songs way too much! Did I mention I am OCD when it comes to cleaning. Which believe it or not I think is what keeps me sane. When I clean, I love it. Breakdowns, crying, talking, just all seem to be ok as I clean..Thank God for OCD!!!

Friday, May 18, 2012

Aspergers, ODD...Little House on the Prarie punishment! May 18, 2012

Friday!!!!

 So how many ways can you actually keep saying....  Friday.......I was not thinking it is Friday.. I was thinking and well singing in my head "BOB the Builder"!!!!!!!   GRRRR... it has been in my head every morning this week!!!!! But I am glad it is Friday= )

Tomorrow me and the girls will be going to Texas for a very special event!!!!!!!!!


Jonathan Goforth, my brother-in-law, my sister Debbi's husband, and of course his parents son  lolol will be retiring from the Marines!!!!!!!!!  WOO HOOO.. We are proud of him!! 

Now the 3.5 hour drive with the girls.. not so sure if I am excited about that part.. but there is a chance Samarra will be riding with my sister.......PLEASE PLEASE  lolol  HINT HINT Debbi!

Well this week on the ol-home-front, my house went back to almost normal crazy!!  WOO HOOOO!!! Momma did not loose it , at least not that i remember, not even one time.......(Disclaimer, that may be a lie... lolol)

School went back to normal, and she did not get in trouble not even one time at school!!!!!!!  YAY!!!  But then she also got VERY sick over the weekend and she did not go to school on Tuesday....  I had her up and sitting outside the clinic at 7:30, thirty minutes before they even opened!  BY GOD, I was going to be first, and i will beat down anyone who challenges me!!!!  They had doctors to help them ... AFTER us of course  lololollol.... Someone pulled up in the lot and i was like get out we are going to stand by the door!   Poor thing didn't feel good. Diagnosis.........Sinus infection, rt. ear infection, upper respiratory infection..  How the heck you gonna get all of them at once???

OHHHHHH and the not keeping stuff down didn't help either.............OMG.. So I think there are stages of vomiting................1. Baby vomit....gets on you and it is no big deal, at least for me............2.Toddler vomit, still not so bad...........3. Kid vomit...........pushing it......................WELL Samarra has moved into the 4.Adult vomit stage.............this is the first time ever i got violently ill from it!!!!!!!!!!!!  I threw everything in the trash.. I did not give a darn what it was, IT's GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  OMGosh what is that...................  blah!  Yes, of course i let her know i was not mad or anything.....= )  Good mommy...= )

OK, two funny statements i actually remembered this week from Samarra....

I told her no to something.............She says: You can be some what harsh and abrasive at times, but I still love you even though you act like you are from the Stone Age!  lolol

She also says.... I am the superior being in this house, it is unfortunate I am stuck in this 7 yo body... lolol

SO, even though we went back to normal, that means of course as all parents with children who are .. how shall i say.. a challenge.. are... Yes, we still had the arguing, the crying.. the meltdowns, the hitting, the anger.....and as always it is on like a light switch and it is off just as fast...  OH and i did cry one time= (       BOOOOOOOOOOOO  I know you feel very sorry for me don't you... lol


I guess that is what i did instead of loose it, i seriously just cried and for like two days i was almost completely silent!!!  I guess i needed that!!! Sorry for those who tried to call me on those days.. No, I did not answer phone either= (


So I know your dying to know..........What is Little House on the Prairie punishment????? Well I will tell you what it is....... Since time out, grounding and even spankins on occasion do not seem to work at all for her these days.. I finally lost it and told her dad..........YOU DO IT!  I am done!  and you know what...........I shoulda done it a long time ago.............He came up with the idea!!!!!!! She will do manual labor!!!!!!  lolol She has been wanting a garden, so now she has one..... She is creating a somewhat large garden in the back yard... Daddy tilled it up and her first part was picking up all the dead grass out of it........... Took her 4 hours on Saturday!!!!!!


So this is what happened... she cried a lot at first...............saying.. why did i have to hit mom, why did i talk back.. i promise i wont again.........why did i have to mean to sister...........(Yes, you crazies thinking we just dumped her out there) I put sun screen on her, I gave her water, she came in like 8 times, i went out there like 5 times, I showed her how to do it more efficiently after 30 min of her picking up 1 piece of grass at a time........

And yes, i actually sat down on the couch for a minute and watched an old movie.. "The Golden Child" I felt so lazy!!

One time Samarra came in she said to me.. hope your having fun in here all doing NOTHING while I am slaving away for your food..........lololol I just looked at her and said.. could you keep it down, I am watching TV.. lol she was all hmmmph and walked away.....  LOL  yes, mommy stooooped to her level yet again!


By the time she was done...................She was sooooooooooooooooooooo proud of herself, she wanted to tell everyone and show off.........She had done something so awesome and we praised her so much for it.........Sooooooooo We are going to be following through with this effort and I think when she gets done she will have learned that hard work does pay off and that she is awesome at something, and we are so proud, and NO ONE DID IT FOR HER!  Remember, all this time working she could have been fighting with me.. so it gives mommy a break too= )  Good JOB DAD!!!  The punishment part.........well, it it kind of you will do this.. she does not stick to anything very long unless she is interested in it....She will cry and fight back, but she will learn= )

OK, so I better finish getting ready for work, I know you want to read oh so much more and you miss me when I don't.. lolol

OH!!!!!!!!!!! Her behavioral doctor made a very very good point to me and now I get to put it in some peoples faces who think I am the problem not her since most of her things are lashed out at me!!!!!!!!!!    WOO HOO  lol  Besides the fact I spend the most time with her................Samarra wants to be in charge, she wants control, she wants things her way or the highway. But she doesn't push as much with everyone as she does with me and then my mother next..................I asked the doctor .. why... why when I try so hard and do what I am suppose to does this keep going on..........She looked at me and she said.. Darla, do you not realize that you are her #1 competition????  In your family unit, you are the only thing standing in her way of being woman of the house........She is trying to tear you down...... She feels you are a threat!

All of a sudden things made so much sense to me.............Even in her prayers at night she says.. bless mommy, but daddy the most.. i love him the most and my baby Siahna.................HHHHHHHMMMM

I will be pondering that for a minute.......Cause momma is not leavin  lol

OK, I slacked on pics this week and videos, but here are a few= )






Have an awesome day!!!






1 comment: