Aspergers Mommy

My photo
Well I am a mom of two wonderful kids that I have been blessed with!!! I am not a psychiatrist, or a doctor so anything I say is not the answer to all, it might not even be the right thing for me!! lol I do my best with who and what I have to overcome any challenge with lots and lots of prayer,my mom who is God given just to me for this very reason, my sisters, and friends! I love life, mostly positive........BUT I am insane at times, get to the point of wanting to explode! lol.. I sing kids songs way too much! Did I mention I am OCD when it comes to cleaning. Which believe it or not I think is what keeps me sane. When I clean, I love it. Breakdowns, crying, talking, just all seem to be ok as I clean..Thank God for OCD!!!

Friday, August 10, 2012

Aspergers, ODD....After TWO years, She did it!!! Aug.10, 2012

Happy Happy Friday to YOU!!!


I feel like i have taken speed today!!  I don't know why????  My head is spinning I have so many thoughts going on, not bad ones.. just a lot of them!. EXAMPLE.......Contests...........Nachos...........Samarra's B-day party..........bills.............coffee...........nachos.........working the elections on the 28th...........surgery........ having a baby...........my hair.......and coffee some more..............AND...........I have talked to myself!  I think I feel like Samarra sounded the day she forgot to take her meds this week!!!!!!!!!  WOW, that is crazy.. talk about PING!!!!!!!!!  Poor thing cant even think almost.. !!!!

I think i need to explain a few of those.. lol.. First off, I may have had too much coffee...LOLOL... The having a baby........UM NO not happening here, momma has no house for the baby...lololol....... I just happen to watch "a Baby Story" before I left home this morning.  lolol so no I am not sad, no I do not want one, it just reminded me of when my babies were born...........Weird tho, dang female hormones make me get goose bumps and cry almost every time I watch that show!!!!!!!  What the heck????  Well I guess that's ok, at least i don't pour out milk every time.. but then if i did i could maybe get a job making milk !!!!!!!!  lolol  OH my my mind is all over!  Oh the surgery part, Samarra we found out this week has to have her tonsils and adenoids out soon, they are huge!!!!!!!

FOCUS FOCUS..

OK, so this week I went back to the self evaluation, and once again realized that it was not only lack of routine from being out of school causing Samarra to slip backwards, it was a lack of me being consistent with my part AGAIN!

It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Hard!  I say I pick my battles, but i think I shoulda picked a few of them, but i got lazy..........I mean, it is so much easier to just let her do it and have a calm environment then it is to teach her and make her do things and have a INSANE environment.......I just need to find ways to reinforce the positive.....I need to praise for the little things like we do with a baby.............if she uses her fork, i need to praise her, if she wipes her mouth i need to recognize her, if she gets dressed by herself even if it is backwards and inside out i need to reinforce she did it by herself and then help her fix it...........(BTW, she HATES it when i make her fix it!!!!!!!!) She gets all mad and angry and aggressive, BUT if i start with the positive, maybe she wont???????

I mean, she has a very HIGH IQ at 125, but this does not help in daily activities at all!!! So it helps Siahna learn, i need to forget she is almost 8 when it comes to little things............I admit i have used the words.. Samarra you are 7 you should be able to do these things honey.............Well that is my bad, she should be able to, but i have not been consistent in working with her and teaching her............Sooooooooooooo I will say this............I will try and do my best, I wont be perfect!!!!!  I am sure I will do some happy dances to praise me for doing it tho  lolol  Weird, yes I know, but I do it... lololol

Soooooooooo............After TWO years!!!!!!!!!..........Samarra did it!!!  it was hard, but............Drum roll please........

Samarra slept in her bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it, it was rough the first two nights, the first one being the worst, but we have got it down!!!

She was so excited about it all day, we had been discussing it for a while and I set the date........ Poor thing was so excited , her anxiety took over and she vomited all over a few times!!!!!!!!!  But i did not waver from the plan........

So still happy and excited with nothing left in her to get sick with, she jumps in the bed and i get both girls settled in and i kiss them and hug both of them and i start walking to the door and it started..........MOMMY!!!!!!!!  Don't leave me!!!!!  Crying HARD!!!  I cant sleep here, this is not where I sleep!!! NO MOMMY, I changed my mind I cant do it....I cant do it........... She starts to get down............I have to be stern with her.............Do NOT get out of that bed, you can do this!  Siahna is right there and she sleeps in here every night.........you CAN do it..................I leave and shut the door..................MOMMY!!!
Screaming and crying and kicking and well, flippin out all over the place!!!!!!!!  I need to sleep on the couch, that is where I sleep, this is not right!!!

I walk back in and said SAMARRA.............Stop!..............You are going to sleep in here and you will get quiet............Siahna all the while is saying.. What is wrong with her???  lolol  Anyway.. I told her that she was setting a bad example for Siahna, of course she did not care..........lol..........But i told her I would leave the TV on as I do in the living room on preachin turned down, I do that so she wont wake up in the night with like "Girls Gone Wild" or something weird on.. lolol

So she did calm down a bit, but when i left she was still crying and i did have to go back in about an hour later, and 30 min later.. I also have a video monitor in their room so i can hear what is going on with her and I can see the baby.......... and all was quiet in about two hours............

The next morning she woke up and she was one of the happiest girls in the world.. She was soooooooooooooo proud of herself, and I was too.... I praised her all over for it.. I told her.. I KNEW you could do it!!!  She says.. I was not sure I could mom, but I did!!!   That is a battle i have been putting off and it is WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WHOOP WHOOOP!!! Well, the next night it was smaller version, but she did it, last night was an even smaller version.............So, I think we have a new bedtime routine!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course Siahna thinks it is a party situation.. lol she says.. I get up talk to sissy, lay down, then i get up and talk to sissy and lay down, then i get up and talk....... and she just keeps going  lol  it is kind of cute to hear them giggling together and stuff.. but i do after a few min go in there and remind them it is bedtime... lol Give them a few memories to share but still bedtime= )

I have a living room back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YAY!!! And even better than that, we concurred a milestone!!!!!!!!!

With that.. I will stop for this week!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Happy JOY JOY!!!


Only a couple pics this week...





Have a Great Week!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment