Aspergers Mommy

My photo
Well I am a mom of two wonderful kids that I have been blessed with!!! I am not a psychiatrist, or a doctor so anything I say is not the answer to all, it might not even be the right thing for me!! lol I do my best with who and what I have to overcome any challenge with lots and lots of prayer,my mom who is God given just to me for this very reason, my sisters, and friends! I love life, mostly positive........BUT I am insane at times, get to the point of wanting to explode! lol.. I sing kids songs way too much! Did I mention I am OCD when it comes to cleaning. Which believe it or not I think is what keeps me sane. When I clean, I love it. Breakdowns, crying, talking, just all seem to be ok as I clean..Thank God for OCD!!!

Friday, December 9, 2011

Aspergers?? ODD The only thing missing was the drop down airbag!... Dec. 9, 2011

Good Morning and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!



So Yesterday.. I am sitting at my desk, I know the window washer is coming down building... This guy is singing at the top of his lungs something about always being a country boy.....  LOLOL  I had to take a pic.....

SOOOOOOOOOOOO We went to therapy yesterday and two major things happened. Well you know how kids moods are kinda up and down and you love it when there up and you no likey when they are down???

WELL.............I NO LIKEY EITHER!!!!! lololol


Ok, I do like the up more= ) So take a child and pump them with adrenaline and little control of emotional reactions to situations and that is the recipe for Samarra........lololol

So yesterday was the last day for Samarra to see her therapist and the therapist reminded her about it... This really is a good opportunity to work on anger which we did......Samarra was NOT HAPPY! Pretty sure that is why therapist have small rooms in which therapy takes place, less mess when a patient goes psycho mad on them... She was so mad......Saying things like you cant leave me and banging the desk and flaring about..... I really got to hand it to therapist!!!!! Some are awesome, some are ewey! But the ones we go to are AWESOME!!! So sad to see her leave.

So we start with the MAD emotion........Well the therapist has been working with Samarra on "space" and personal bubbles. Samarra has a VERY intrusive way of showing affection and to people she probably doesn't need to.......

Example: When you go to hug someone to say hi or bye........You go in for hug you stay like 1 or 2 seconds and you release..........If it is an emotional meeting you may go in for hug.. stay 5 seconds maybe 10 longest and then you move back..

Samarra.........Goes in for hug.................and you have to start prying her off like 15 seconds in most people cant even take it that long...... and the more you pry the harder she tries to stay....... and it isn't just a hug, it is a tight squeeze and a lot of times jumpin with excitement......... Then with family.. the kisses start and she kisses like 20 times or more all over my face all the while hugging me....... and YES, I am her momma and I love her hugs and kisses!!

BUT DANG!!!!!

Just cause I am a mommy doesn't mean I don't need to breath and have a little bubble!!!!!!!! I like bubbles!!!!!! lololol

ANYWAY...........

My point in all that is.... when she was in her MAD state at the therapist I chose to tell her she was going to Florida with her Mimi for Christmas to see my sister graduate..........She went from MAD TO OVER EXCITED in 2.2 flat!!!!!! lolol

And as I predicted to the therapist, she flipped the heck out!!! It is always amazing how seeing is so much better than hearing.......That girl almost knocked me over coming at me!!!!!!! I am pretty sure I looked scared.........I had my arms out, I was braced for impact..........the only thing I was missing was a drop down air bag!!!!! lololol

So the therapy session went real well, we used BOTH scenarios for role playing... lolol Will it stop?? UM, no.. BUT I need to be better in "COACHING" in the moment.......Therapist says even in public I need to become more of a coach to help her realize the proper ways to be social and interact.....She did say I must do this discreetly as possible so Samarra does not get embarrassed by me doing it out in public. She says just a simple wisper will help.......SOOOOOOOO guess what..........More learning for me....

Have you ever watched "The Big Bang Theory?" Even if you don't keep watching it, Seriously, Samarra is a small Sheldon on that show...........it cracks me up!!!!! OH, not a show for kids...

So now Samarra knows and the questions have started, I am going to try and keep a log of the questions over the weekend and I will share them with you....

This is one already....

Samarra.......We NEED to go to an airplane shop and buy Mimi and I parachutes for our plane ride, so if we go down we will live.......
Me....well what about everyone else??
Samarra....UM, they should have been smart enough to bring a parachute.. I cant save the world mom....

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I just left it alone........ lolol

Samarra chillin
Still thinks "fart" is the funniest word....... lol......
I raise such ladies... lolol


Well Have a GREAT FRIDAY.......and Weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment