Aspergers Mommy

My photo
Well I am a mom of two wonderful kids that I have been blessed with!!! I am not a psychiatrist, or a doctor so anything I say is not the answer to all, it might not even be the right thing for me!! lol I do my best with who and what I have to overcome any challenge with lots and lots of prayer,my mom who is God given just to me for this very reason, my sisters, and friends! I love life, mostly positive........BUT I am insane at times, get to the point of wanting to explode! lol.. I sing kids songs way too much! Did I mention I am OCD when it comes to cleaning. Which believe it or not I think is what keeps me sane. When I clean, I love it. Breakdowns, crying, talking, just all seem to be ok as I clean..Thank God for OCD!!!

Monday, December 5, 2011

Aspergers?? ODD... Stick to real things mom.. like Santa... lol Dec. 5, 2011

Happy 16 more days till Christmas!!
OH, and Monday

At the OPUBCO Christmas party for the girls.....

Can I say that I think ONCE again that I think I may be the problem instead of Samarra, or rather her issues spawn from me?? My routine got jacked up this weekend and I did NOT like it!!!!!!!!!!! I was CRANKY!!! My mom knows, she was with me.. lolol But, as the adult I am and wish I wasn't at times, I recognized my cranky and dislike of the situation and verbalized it and moved on! Maybe I should try having a meltdown sometimes, maybe it is a mind cleanser.. lolol

Even with all the holiday buzz going on this weekend, I can say it was pretty good. We ALMOST had our first meltdown in public and I am not even sure why... I am almost 100% positive it was because a baby was crying.......There was a baby crying near us and Samarra I think got set off a bit and started grabbing her ears and quinching her eyes and she backed herself up to a wall and was rocking.

I just STOPPED and thought.............NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I looked at her and I said......This will NOT happen here! Put your arms down and lets walk away......... I took a hold of her arm and she kinda growled at me and yanked it away hard and right back to her ears..........The baby quit crying and she just stopped.......... I knew a long time ago babies crying set her off, but I thought it was just Siahna...........GUESS NOT.......... But Really, that is not a meltdown really, She has sensitivity issues and it is not her fault. She has told me many times that she does that cause it hurts her ears BAD.... When she had her hearing tested, she hears some frequencies better than most people do.........So, poor baby= (

OK, so I know you are anxiously awaiting to hear about what #2 meltdown from last week was.................WELL, if you follow my blog, this will need NO explanation at all...........Samarra's therapist is moving to Florida permanently and she just found out Thursday.......... ENOUGH SAID??

WELL...........

She seemed ok with it at first, you know the 100 questions for her therapist and telling her it was ok, as long as she comes back every week to see her.......lolol
So we leave and all seems ok, she is still talking about it and then it hits.......She is MAD, screaming "YOU CANT LEAVE ME"........"YOU CANT LEAVE ME!"........Crying, screaming,flaring about and she decides she is going to go with her to Florida..........Apparently the therapist life is suppose to revolve around her as is everyone else.........Remember, it is all about her= )..So this was fun for me, I was a bit shaken by this one, or I was cold........NOT SURE lolol

But like always........it starts with a vengeance and ends as though nothing happened. I will probably never get used to that, but positive thing is.. it is usually over after that........We will see how it goes this Thursday.

Once again I have to point out this was not her acting bad, this was a case of her not being able to handle emotions.....She has been VERY good with the obedience and following through on tasks to get stars and more times than not she is saying yes ma'am, and no ma'am, and offering to help me.....Playing with her sister......So what if it is to get stars......She is a good girl.......Now if I can help her learn to deal with emotions.

OMGosh... I am NOT looking forward to hormone changes..........LAWD help me!!!

ANYWAY............

So this weekend we went to my work for the Christmas party for the kids.......They always do a great job with it and the girls were so excited to see SANTA!!!
Samarra is convinced the ONLY real Santa is the one at my work...........AAAAWWWWWWWW I am just so happy that she believes in him still. Siahna just kept saying Santa.. Santa.. candy cane... candy cane... AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW

We also went to Samarra's choir performance at church......it was so good= ) I took pictures and will share= ) Oh and went to Cici's pizza.........YAY!!! lolol

My beauties in front of the Christmas tree at OPUBCO

Samarra doing a craft at the OPUBCO party

This IS the real SANTA!!! She said she wanted to go on the roof to watch him come in !!!!   I have to tell you this makes me so happy for her to believe when all the rest of the time she goes by facts!

My mommy and Siahna doing a craft...........You know you have to have your tongue just right to color!!!

I am NOT getting any closer to you... Just give me my candy cane!  lololol
YUMMY noodles!!

Miss picky............not eating..
Samarra in the Christmas program at Meadowood Baptist Church in MWC.  

 Siahna wanted to vacuum so bad this weekend so I let her... lol I got a video!!  It is so cute!!!

The video is sideways???  Still cute!!


Have an AWESOME DAY!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment