Aspergers Mommy

My photo
Well I am a mom of two wonderful kids that I have been blessed with!!! I am not a psychiatrist, or a doctor so anything I say is not the answer to all, it might not even be the right thing for me!! lol I do my best with who and what I have to overcome any challenge with lots and lots of prayer,my mom who is God given just to me for this very reason, my sisters, and friends! I love life, mostly positive........BUT I am insane at times, get to the point of wanting to explode! lol.. I sing kids songs way too much! Did I mention I am OCD when it comes to cleaning. Which believe it or not I think is what keeps me sane. When I clean, I love it. Breakdowns, crying, talking, just all seem to be ok as I clean..Thank God for OCD!!!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Aspergers... ODD Now you will know on a smaller scale!

Good Morning!!


Ok so have I told you about the show "Parenthood" that is on NBC. It is one of my favorites. This past week they had a scene with the child Max who has aspergers and he is sitting with his cousin eating lunch at school and the cousin decides to do something different and breaks the normal routine for Max.


I know I have told you about Samarra and how she gets sometimes when she just breaks out in a rage.. but right before it happens she repeats things. Like,, Samarra was suppose to go to the fair the first weekend with her nanna and something happened and they couldn't go.... I KNEW what was coming but I just went strait in... Samarra You guys are going to go the next weekend cause nanna and grandpa cant go this weekend.


And this is how it starts..... Yes we are going this weekend.......No honey they cant........We ARE going.. we have tickets and we are going...........yes you will go, but next weekend instead.........WE ARE GOING THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!.....No honey nanna cant go and we want to wait to go with them cause we only have so many tickets.....NO.. We will go this weekend cause we have to go this weekend cause that is the plan, YOU CANT JUST CHANGE PLANS!!!!!!! I am sorry honey, but we have to wait........YOU LIED!!! YOU LIED!!! YOU LIED!!!We are going .. we are going, we are going.

THEN........... The rage kicks in and things fly and her whole demeanor changes into this very violent ANGRY person.

Go to this link and you will see a small version of what I am talking about.... Keep in mind this is a TV show and in real life this can go on for 5 to 30 minutes or more!

Click on link and go to 29.50 closer to the end of the show just to see the part I am talking about. http://www.hulu.com/watch/285084/parenthood-clear-skies-from-here-on-out

Now when others watch this, cause I have asked, they look with some kind of shock and think is this for real???......When I watch it, I BAWL like a big baby, cause I know I am not the only one going through it.. and my heart pours out for the character MAX... cause in real life.. it is harder on the child, NOT the parent ... At least that is my opinion.

This is what I know... we have made progress and I will keep on doing what I need to do to help her.... I will not always be there and I am scared to death for her in later years!!!!!!!!

So last night Samarra was at her Awana group at church so on Wed. now I get alone time with the baby.........it is nice. So the night was smooth sailing, I actually got to OCD clean and it felt GREAT!!!

Samarra in her Awana Shirt= )



Oldies again lol






I hope you all have a great day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment