Aspergers Mommy

My photo
Well I am a mom of two wonderful kids that I have been blessed with!!! I am not a psychiatrist, or a doctor so anything I say is not the answer to all, it might not even be the right thing for me!! lol I do my best with who and what I have to overcome any challenge with lots and lots of prayer,my mom who is God given just to me for this very reason, my sisters, and friends! I love life, mostly positive........BUT I am insane at times, get to the point of wanting to explode! lol.. I sing kids songs way too much! Did I mention I am OCD when it comes to cleaning. Which believe it or not I think is what keeps me sane. When I clean, I love it. Breakdowns, crying, talking, just all seem to be ok as I clean..Thank God for OCD!!!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Aspergers?? ODD...Embarrassing? She would rather die... Oct. 26, 2011

Good Morning Wednesday!!!

LOL I had to think of what day it was..... NEED COFFEE BAD today!

Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE doctors appointments????????? UGGG I love the doctors , but I would rather not see them more than time at home!!!!!! lolol

So Samarra has had two appointments this week so far and another one on Friday.....The first one was her well check from turning 7.......Finally I am responsible enough to remember to take her in.. lol I forgot one year... OOPS.....HEY! I am in the state of lost mind a lot don't judge.. She is ok........ NOW I did not say I was a good parent to Siahna........SOMEONE should have told me the well checks didn't go to every year until AFTER they are 2 years old! She missed two well checks...UGGGGGGGGGG

Well I think I have got the well check schedule down now for babies, but I don't need to know anymore! lol OH WELL, if you forget ask me..lololol

So we go to appointment and Samarra has to get a shot....This child went insane as usual.. I tried to explain it is better to get the shots then to get real sick... OF COURSE she asked if she could die if she didn't.. I told her some people have and this is her response....

"That's ok, I will die.. I am ready to see Jesus.....I have a lot of questions anyway"


WOW..........lololol

All she had was one shot and she decided death was better.. lol Well of course as usual I had to go into SUMO WRESTLER MODE and hold her down, I felt like I was trying to play the game twister!!!!!!! I was in positions I did not know I could ge tin trying to hold her still!!!!!!! OMG I hate that! Oh and my old butt is sore now.. IS SHE??? NO. As soon as it was done, she said.. I didn't even feel it.!!!!!!! THEN I wanted to ring her neck! lolol Oh did I mention her anxiety gets so high she starts vomiting.. That is nice as well....

So her sister has to get two shots and two more in two weeks cause I forgot to bring he rin for her last two well checks= ( And of course Samarra thinks it is funny and laughing and saying of course inappropriate things like I hope it hurts her real bad and Can I come watch? Strange child... We are working on it though and it is not as gruesome as it used to be= )YAY!!!! No more blood spurting stories lately!!!

Then the other appointment was with her behavior doctor.......So here is the routine... We go in.. I check her in... they give her a paper and colors to draw a picture for the doctor and then she comes back and turns it in to the front desk....When they draw they go in the drawing room right off the waiting area, I do not go in. So the lady takes her in there and starts explaining to Samarra what to do.....

AND THEN I got embarrassed.........But should I have???

Samarra says to the lady in a kind of yucky voice.... "Is this your first day here??? I know what I am doing, you don't need to tell me. I remember everything, I am not stupid"

OMG! I was like I am so sorry!.... She said at that doctors office she is used to it.... the get obviously all kinds of different behaviors in that office, hence the doctor s profession lol

But I felt just horrible, I did not let her get away with it.. With the doctor we talked about how the secretary might have felt and Samarra just did not get it at all......So we practiced in me saying something to her similar and asked her how she felt and she said that maybe it was mean.. but you could see it just did not register.........But we did make her write a note of apology to the secretary.. We were going to do it with words. but her "sorries" are not taken well mostly cause she rolls her eyes and somehow offends again...... That is another project on the list= )

So on a positive note and a proud mommy note.....Samarra got her report card and it was ALL A's WELL DID YOU DOUBT?? This is even with upping her school work and the lessons to third grade levels on some stuff!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO......... She is also studying to be in the National championship spelling contest!!!! She could win that one hands down IF she does not let distractions get to her.

Here is her report card if you can see it= )

OH and Samarra gave me a compliment!!!!!!!! She said my eyes were pretty!!!!!!!!!  I will take it!!!!! Does this mean she thought of someone else besides her??? Is this a break through??? 


Have an AWESOME day!

No comments:

Post a Comment