Aspergers Mommy

My photo
Well I am a mom of two wonderful kids that I have been blessed with!!! I am not a psychiatrist, or a doctor so anything I say is not the answer to all, it might not even be the right thing for me!! lol I do my best with who and what I have to overcome any challenge with lots and lots of prayer,my mom who is God given just to me for this very reason, my sisters, and friends! I love life, mostly positive........BUT I am insane at times, get to the point of wanting to explode! lol.. I sing kids songs way too much! Did I mention I am OCD when it comes to cleaning. Which believe it or not I think is what keeps me sane. When I clean, I love it. Breakdowns, crying, talking, just all seem to be ok as I clean..Thank God for OCD!!!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Aspergers, Dont like storms or confined places! May 25, 2011

Well we made it through the tornado's! Lot's of debris around the house but ok. Whew!

I love the coverage of the storms that NewsOK.com has up and everyone did an awesome job and presentation in The Oklahoman today!!  Good job guys!! 

So I left work early knowing i had to drive to get Samarra at my sisters, Debbi's house almost in Choctaw before I got5 home, it actually is only about four miles from my house. So you think ok, an extra eight miles on my trip not bad. Leave work at 4 p.m. trip was so stressful, thinking about all i had to get together, listening to the guy on the radio talking about the tornado's...  Have a friend in Fairview, was stressing about that too!!

So it was 5 p.m. and I am not there yet!!!!!!!!  I am really counting down minutes, sirens going off, traffic backed up. All I could think about was getting my baby and getting home to my other baby and getting us in the shelter if needed!!!!!!

Ok, I am at sisters house and it is now 5:20 p.m. headed home, samarra is screaming in the back seat, not helping me.....  She screams, we are going to die.. I am like NO we are not going to die. I know she is stressed out so I cant get mad, but it makes me feel uncomfortable.. you know her saying things no-one wants to think about... OK.... Yes, I lost it after the we are all going to get sucked up in the rotation and things are going to go through our bodies and the baby is going to be crying....   SAMARRA  STOP... SAY ONE MORE WORD and the tornado wont be what hurts you.. We are going to be fine...  STOP!  Whew made it home...  Got stuff together and it is raining now...

Got to mom's house and got the tornado shelter ready for us, lights, food, diapers, wipes, drink, and yes we have a potty= ) Had the girls eating dinner real quick like and I went on the porch and called the girls daddy.... I told him he needed to come over now, he comes over and we are on the porch and look up............what the...  We got debris flying over us ..........crap not good...  down in the shelter we go....

Ok we are safe, which is the most important thing! BUT We are now locked in a small room with Samarra who hates storms, thunder and small places.. she is all over the place, crying... all we can do is just keep saying.. stop, sit down, be quiet.. at one point apparently clapping helped her..  DO you know what a clap that echos sounds like? TIP, don't try it.. I think this could possibly be a torture technique that we haven't been told about. I somehow think that I discovered a new sign of aspergers in girls...  She has a bit of a DIVA attitude.... I think that might just be 6 year old and i hate that worse than the rest!

My DIVA




Guess what this smart momma brought in the shelter.... mind puzzles and BREAD!  yeah.. why didn't i get it out right away.. She LOVES the like peg games that are mind benders!  Got this out first, don't want to start the food if at all possible.  So she decides her way out is to say she has to use the bathroom..........
Cry, drama, I need out, I need out, I need out.. rock rock rock.. Lets get out, lets get out.....   Game oh pretty game.. calm... oops lets get out, i need to go to the bathroom.  OH look a game....  calm.
So after over an hour we finally get to get out...

So here is my thanks to God. 1. We are safe and have a home. 2. We are out of the dungeon with a wonderful child who can't help but react the way she did. 3. I didn't loose my mind and decide the storm was a better place for me... lololol

I'm just kidding about the last part.. Poor baby's anxiety level was pretty high... I am proud of her for not going into a complete meltdown. For her though people around help her not to.

Safe an sound back at home and it is a little after 7 p.m. So guess what words Samarra said when she got home............ I'm hungry.. yes she is fine, all is normal.. did our food now routine and got stuff to get baby to bed, and whew I am laying down and I don't even care how late she stays up...  Had to check on all my people and get back with all who checked on me, and bed to watch the news.


A beautiful day today!  Happy Wednesday!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment