Aspergers Mommy

My photo
Well I am a mom of two wonderful kids that I have been blessed with!!! I am not a psychiatrist, or a doctor so anything I say is not the answer to all, it might not even be the right thing for me!! lol I do my best with who and what I have to overcome any challenge with lots and lots of prayer,my mom who is God given just to me for this very reason, my sisters, and friends! I love life, mostly positive........BUT I am insane at times, get to the point of wanting to explode! lol.. I sing kids songs way too much! Did I mention I am OCD when it comes to cleaning. Which believe it or not I think is what keeps me sane. When I clean, I love it. Breakdowns, crying, talking, just all seem to be ok as I clean..Thank God for OCD!!!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Aspergers..Dont change routines, I asked for the meltdown! Friday, May 6, 2011

Well here is my first post on my blog. I could go back a long way and fill it in, but I think that is called a novel. lol I will start with last night and move forward. So I had to go check out a new school for my daughter that has more knowledge of aspergers. LOVE LOVE the school BTW. Harvest Life in Midwest City!

Well, I took my mom with me and by the time we were done at the school we noticed we did not have time to go to next errands and get back to get Samarra from school. I decided we would just get her a few minutes early and finish up. I had to go to get groceries for about 17 people to be at my house for my dad's 70th birthday party on Saturday.

So you might be thinking this sounds logical and make things more simple. Sigh...  Sadly sometimes I dont think..........The night was full of crying, breakdowns or as it is usually called a meltdown, and I wanted to run away!   What is it going to take for me to just realize there are consequences to changing a routine. Crying, throwing, the end of the world is coming tonight, no one loves her. Dinner in 1 minute is unacceptable, it must be done NOW NOW NOW...  it has already went past 6 p.m. and 6:01 hits and crying, standing next to me why isn't it done, where is my dinner, I am hungry.

Ok dinner is done, it isnt bread. Crying, she will only eat if i give her bread she says as I walk off, the throwing and crying starts again.  I will give you a star for thinking about why your crying..  YAY!!!!!!!!!! it worked, dinner a success, no bread. Happy times, she is playing well with her sister who is 1, Siahna. Twenty minutes pass and Siahna falls, she is crying, Samarra run's off crying and covering her head with a pillow screaming make her stop! She has a sensitivity to certain sounds... Yup, one of them is her sister crying. Siahna has stopped crying over ten minutes ago, Samarra still crying... Wait... all is back to normal, loving as if nothing was ever wrong.  Up and down. This is the night of a mom with an asperger child when the mom changes the routine.......... 


My beautiful babies, who I love!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment