Aspergers Mommy

My photo
Well I am a mom of two wonderful kids that I have been blessed with!!! I am not a psychiatrist, or a doctor so anything I say is not the answer to all, it might not even be the right thing for me!! lol I do my best with who and what I have to overcome any challenge with lots and lots of prayer,my mom who is God given just to me for this very reason, my sisters, and friends! I love life, mostly positive........BUT I am insane at times, get to the point of wanting to explode! lol.. I sing kids songs way too much! Did I mention I am OCD when it comes to cleaning. Which believe it or not I think is what keeps me sane. When I clean, I love it. Breakdowns, crying, talking, just all seem to be ok as I clean..Thank God for OCD!!!

Friday, May 20, 2011

Aspergers, Extreme sensitivity to sound! May 20, 2011

It is Thursday, and one thing I know which is completely unrelated is the livestock report does not come in, but I seem to think of this every morning. It is a work thing and one that is done every other day of the week. Just thought I would share that bit of useless information. lol

Have I told you that the baby who is 19 months old is "fat" or as some like to call it very healthy. Well Samarra just HAS to wake her up every morning and fills her full of food in both hands before I even get her out of bed! She saves part of her breakfast every morning to do this. She plans it out. I probably should try and stop it, but I have tried over and over to explain that she doesn't need it and will be eating breakfast very soon at my moms house, but she says she HAS to. It all started because Siahna is a bit cranky when I wake her up in the morning, and Samarra gets very high anxiety when her sister cries, so she started shoving food in her mouth. Oh well, it could be worse right??

So she is still feeling a bit under the weather, but the medicine seemed to cause her to get stopped up more and she has no fever so I decided no medicine, better for her to cough it out. Tonight was pretty good, Daddy played with the girls quite a  bit tonight so it kept them entertained.

The only thing I am thinking about is the weather really. Samarra has a very low tolerance for thunder. I am going to be positive and talk about how wonderful it is going to be to get the rain we have needed for plants to grow, and make things green and pretty. LOL see i like to lie to myself sometimes in the hope I might actually believe it. Well I guess I have to do something right??

Only one melt down tonight, she wanted to break her own routine... WHAT?? she isn't suppose to do that, but hey if she wants to act normal who am I to fight it. Unfortunately it was not one I could do. She wanted to stay up till midnight and watch TV. UM no. Cry, hit........OOPS hit daddy.........Daddy doesn't fair well with her outburst and hasn't mastered the "DO IT AGAIN" skill I have.

Well she moved to me after that.. cry, cry, throw anything she can get her hands on, and yup hit me, ok it was with a sock, but still, am I to let this slide?  NOPE...  I did my mother look with the "DO IT AGAIN", she acted like she was going to do it... Mother look again... I wish you would... do it......do it.....She says no... and I reply no really do it, cause I really want you to see what will happen...... do it!   I don't want to she says... I say, I didnt think so... And it goes to just crying which I decide to mimic, then the baby joins in fake crying, then daddy joins in with fake crying... Now she is laughing...  ok done.. NEXT..

Ok, so how did i leave the room for less than 2 minutes and come back and more then 10 things are all over the ground... and it is 8:20, haven't put pajamas on, haven't brushed teeth.. uggg...

So now mom comes to the door, she has muffins... Thanks! Girls are now eating sugar at 8:30 p.m., nice...But we discuss the weather and my mom has the storm shelter next door. SO we decided just in case Siahna would sleep over there so she would already be close if a tornado decides to erupt. She stays over there a few nights in the week because it allows mom to sleep in late. BUT Siahna knows and I got the look of fear from the baby when Mimi went to leave, she wasn't going!  Well she did and was fine.

Ok, Samarra in bed, 9 p.m. and I am going to go lay down and watch the Thunder game/channel 9........Did I mention sensitivity to sound............11:30 screaming and crying from Samarra.....  THUNDER AND I DON'T MIX WELL.......... MY EARS HURT!!!!!  So if you don't know... Yes, her ears really do hurt with some sounds, the doctor is not sure if it is the sound or the vibration, but when she was tested there were certain things that just set her off, she hears things we don't even hear!  Yes, bionic hearing. Now, I am sympathetic to her and I put her ear plugs in and tried to calm her down, but NOPE here comes the vomiting and hysteric motions and vomiting again.........WHY!!!   Well there is no sleep for me... 12 a.m.   12:30 a.m.  1 a.m.  wait is she asleep?  almost  yeah!!....Off to bed for me!  Great, now I cant sleep.........  Somewhere between 1:30 and 2 I did fall asleep......................

Alarm goes off and here I am...................

This is just a random photo, but I remembered one time just as bad as last night, but I also remember it was when I had taken her hair down to redo... This was a while ago so imagine her hair in this picture about a foot longer!!!!!!!!  Now you know why it is braided ALWAYS!!

 Have a GREAT Friday!!!

Great place for kids with challenges!!

No comments:

Post a Comment