Aspergers Mommy

My photo
Well I am a mom of two wonderful kids that I have been blessed with!!! I am not a psychiatrist, or a doctor so anything I say is not the answer to all, it might not even be the right thing for me!! lol I do my best with who and what I have to overcome any challenge with lots and lots of prayer,my mom who is God given just to me for this very reason, my sisters, and friends! I love life, mostly positive........BUT I am insane at times, get to the point of wanting to explode! lol.. I sing kids songs way too much! Did I mention I am OCD when it comes to cleaning. Which believe it or not I think is what keeps me sane. When I clean, I love it. Breakdowns, crying, talking, just all seem to be ok as I clean..Thank God for OCD!!!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Aspergers, loud and heavy walker! May 19, 2011

How did it get to be Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh yeah, my first few days I was high.. I think I might like that schedule. So Monday and Tuesday I get high and then work Wed. through Fri. who want's to start a petition with me??  Ha-ha.. JK...

Of course when I asked my boss how things were at the job, before she could answer I guided her to say, that things were ok, but i was missed dearly, and no one could do my job like me.. lol Thanks Linda!!!

So Wednesday was pretty good, remember when I mentioned before that when Samarra gets sick or is just not feeling great it is like her aspergers disappears temporarily?? Well she has a head cold I think, drainage and sounds hoarse. Poor baby.... Yes, I really mean that too... House is quiet, she is playing a game, she has not even payed attention to me in over an hour. Alright I need to give her some medicine.. Medicine is down at 7 p.m. I am such a good mother, because I know in T minus 30 minutes ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE, but I did it anyway...  Well cant have my baby girl not feeling well.

10.9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2.1

Yup medicine worked.... Mom, Mom, flying across the room, mom sit down mom sit down, dont clean. .. ok, jump lands on me.. OUCH...  ok so just fyi she likes to hurt you when she does this, it gives her enjoyment....  So now I am yelling DON'T DO THAT IT HURTS!!  Samarra like always says....  SO, its funny....Then she gets the baby to do it.  UGG why did i give the medicine... Oh yes I remember why...

Did I mention the baby is MEAN to other kids.. HUM I wonder where she learned that??

Honey, you know that that is not nice and I know it is a bit hard for you to understand, but you have to try to remember that other people dont like it when you do this. ok? All of us have things we have to work harder at then others so lets set a plan to be gentle with people when you play ok? She says.. OK, but it wont be fun for me anymore and then it will be boring.  Ok, I tried...

So another thing to know about some asperger children is their voices are very loud most of the time even in casual conversation. I am always saying lower lower. Also when she walks she steps hard as like she throws her leg down instead of simply walking with a stride. My house is old, and we don't have a solid foundation. So when she decided to jump like she was doing some kind of African dance for about 10 minutes and i couldn't get her to stop, i seriously thought the house was going to crash down around me. This was some kind of new meltdown apparently to me not picking up the what 100 Uno cards she just decided to throw across the room because i was not going to start playing at 8:15 p.m.

Well all in all, not a bad night really.. just got to take each thing one at a time.. If you bunch it all up, it gets crazy, but as long as I have like 1 minute. I am good..

Bedtime is now here and I laid her down and in less than 5 min. asleep!  Yeah!  I lay the baby down, she is asleep too.

Oh another thing to note, because I just thought of it.. I called Sooner Start to check out my baby, she is now 19 months old and she will not talk.........I actually think she is fine, but I think Samarra takes the front stage too much. Also Samarra has a sensitivity to the baby when she does try to get loud and babble, I found Samarra feeding her or covering her mouth. That has gotten better, but she still wont talk= (

Ok, as promised, here is the Principals Honor Roll award Samarra received from Mr. McClain!!

Here is one of the scariest moments yet in my life. Samarra goes real high on the swing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment