Aspergers Mommy

My photo
Well I am a mom of two wonderful kids that I have been blessed with!!! I am not a psychiatrist, or a doctor so anything I say is not the answer to all, it might not even be the right thing for me!! lol I do my best with who and what I have to overcome any challenge with lots and lots of prayer,my mom who is God given just to me for this very reason, my sisters, and friends! I love life, mostly positive........BUT I am insane at times, get to the point of wanting to explode! lol.. I sing kids songs way too much! Did I mention I am OCD when it comes to cleaning. Which believe it or not I think is what keeps me sane. When I clean, I love it. Breakdowns, crying, talking, just all seem to be ok as I clean..Thank God for OCD!!!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Aspergers... Now ODD..... WHIPS gonna crack!!!..........AAAAAHHH

Happy Tuesday............happy dance to go with....

Darla's forecast again.............. DANG, DARN HOT!!!!!!


OK I have a new posting on NewsOK.com now and will post each week for my top picks of events in the State of Oklahoma and I will start posting it here as well= )

ODD OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we went to our new doctor again yesterday... Dr. Poyner in Choctaw who I LOVE LOVE by the way= ) And I got some news I had been searching for! And the best part of it is...........I think I am the cause of it  lololol...........OK Not really funny, but what else should I do cry?????????? And that will do what to correct it?  Just sayin= )

OK so Oppositional Defiant Disorder is.................is a pattern of disobedient, hostile, and defiant behavior toward authority figures.

And the signs are....

  • Throwing repeated temper tantrums
  • Excessively arguing with adults
  • Actively refusing to comply with requests and rules
  • Deliberately trying to annoy or upset others, or being easily annoyed by others
  • Blaming others for your mistakes
  • Having frequent outbursts of anger and resentment
  • Being spiteful and seeking revenge
  • Saying mean and hateful things
In addition, many children with ODD are moody, easily frustrated, and have a low self-esteem.

OMGosh right on!!!!!!!!!!

See remember I said I had been trying to search the internet for some answers and I SWORE I would never do it again cause of all the negative things????????????????????  BAD BAD !!!!!!!!!!! ANYWAY, I have been searching for things with in aspergers to help me figure out WHY the heck a lot of the things she does don't "fit" into the asperger realm of things.............. I was about to loose my mind!!!!!!!!!!

I would sit there and think, OMGosh, what if Samarra actually does something real bad one day............. I couldnt figure out how to help her!!!!!!!!!!!

OK so this ODD is actually a blessing to me to know about because guess what???????????????  A LOT of it is chosen behavior!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YES, I said it, SHE KNOWS WHAT SHE IS DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!   Why do I want to body slam her right now???????  LOLOLOL  very carefully though  lolol

True enough there are asperger meltdowns, but those are related to schedule changes, routine changes, food changes, and things that break her routine.................ALL the rest are NOT typical asperger symptoms and actions.........NOT one asperger child has had issues with a lot of these things.................WOW

So here is the break down. Doctor says to me, you I am sure know that you have a very intelligent child, she has scored off the charts with her testing...........I said I know.............She says, children with this high of intelligent can be a double edged sword and let me explain. Samarra sees herself and stated to me that she is superior to adults because she has a higher IQ than all of us. She also has stated that she knows what she is doing when she has these outbursts and says things that are inappropriate, amongst other things and that adults are easily manipulated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT??????????? My sweet child??????????????????????         ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS!!!!!!!!

I dont know whether to be mad, or happy she A LOT smarter than I even knew!!!!!!!!!!    I am in shock, I felt , well I dont know how I felt.. I just calmly listened.......So now Samarra is in the room and the doctor talks with Samarra and Samarra tries some of her normal things ... well to me.......... The doctor called her on it......Samarra says to the doctor......You might be the first person who could be smarter than me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE............................ OK, so now to the good news and bad news..............it has gotten a lot worse lately and yes, IT IS MY FAULT...............and the Internets fault........... Remember I said in quite a few of my posts that I cant figure out what is aspergers and what is not and I am not suppose to punish for asperger reactions rather try to teach and i am suppose to punish for non- asperger things.....................Well who the heck decided all that crap, I cant tell and i have allowed her to grow into a freaking master manipulator!!!!!!  Well guess what with the help of the doctor THE WHIP IS ABOUT TO CRACK.........And the heavens will break apart it is going to be HELL in my house for a while..............

Now the doctor is all about spare the rod and all, but only in certain times and she said that in this case spankings don't work, she prefers them and stated it... spanking is over, mom doesn't have the heart to do it more than one time in a night so I am good to go for the rest of the night....................OMG really????????   UGGGGGG

SIGHHHHHHHHHH........now on the flip side there are REAL dangers in allowing this behavior to continue, the anger and violence and low self esteem gets worse and worse until true violence emerges and it is hard to control, but she is young and the doctor says this will have a very quick turn around as long as me, dad, and mom are on same page!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW I could go on forever, but I have to get ready for work...........So I will continue this later.....But I will leave you with the last thing samarra said to me when I asked how she liked doctor Poyner..............

Me: Well, how did you like Dr. Poyner??
Samarra: SIGH...She is GOOD, i mean like REAL GOOD!
Me: What makes her good?
Samarra: She knows what is in my head all the time.............she is really good!

So basically I am the stupid low IQ mom................But guess what???????????? I love her so much and we WILL get past this and I cant wait to see her other side..............Call me CRACK THE WHIP mommy going forward!!


OLDIE BUT GOODIES!!!!!!!!!






Have a BLESSED DAY!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment