Aspergers Mommy

My photo
Well I am a mom of two wonderful kids that I have been blessed with!!! I am not a psychiatrist, or a doctor so anything I say is not the answer to all, it might not even be the right thing for me!! lol I do my best with who and what I have to overcome any challenge with lots and lots of prayer,my mom who is God given just to me for this very reason, my sisters, and friends! I love life, mostly positive........BUT I am insane at times, get to the point of wanting to explode! lol.. I sing kids songs way too much! Did I mention I am OCD when it comes to cleaning. Which believe it or not I think is what keeps me sane. When I clean, I love it. Breakdowns, crying, talking, just all seem to be ok as I clean..Thank God for OCD!!!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Aspergers Had a Great day with Mimi June 23, 2011

Good Morning!!!

Ok, so every time I write good morning I am thinking..... "Good Morning Vietnam" from the movie  lol Just FYI

So I woke up with a small headache... And it is NO BUENO...... I seriously wish someone would do a study on me... Headaches make me want my head removed! 

Ok, enough about me= ) I am sure you all are just dying with anticipation to see how telling Samarra she wasn't going to the mall went. Well it went as predicted. Mom said that Samarra was getting ready to go, picking out shoes and stuff and so mom finally just told her that they were not going to be able to go to the mall today...... Well I was not there so I cant describe the full reaction but mom said it immediately threw her into a meltdown rage. My mom is wonderful, she handles things so much better.

She also had an instant fix......  lol  She took her made her look her in the eyes and held her down and said you can keep doing this, or you can make it stop and we will go somewhere special instead.... Samarra continues.. not sure she even heard her.. Mom says it again I am sure louder and this time Samarra heard her and it stopped........ Of course one of her favorite places.......See if you can guess ............Popcorn and a drink....  If you guessed Target you would be right!!!!!!!!!!!  Yay you!!!

So mom took her to target and let her play in the toy section for a long time to see what she wanted to buy with the money I gave her........ She bought herself a root beer and a pretzel.. and still came home with change!  She had the most happy face when she got home, she said I would go out with Mimi any day over the mall!!!!!!!   YEA MOM!!!

So that set the night off great, she also was not hungry, so guess what I wasnt rushed for dinner!!! She came in and went to her computer and played games quite content.........I was so happy to see her happy...  I mentioned before she thrives on GO GO GO GO GO, but she will also expect it more more more more.......... But for today she is happy and i love seeing her happy.
 She is quite good at computer games, I have just heard that asperger children do not need to just sit alone on the computer a lot.. They need to learn how to daily interact even with us. But tonight is a happy night so, why drag interaction and frustration into it!!!   HEY, I need a break too!!!!!

Although this night was meltdown free, I allowed things that I dont usually do..... Computer all night, TV, a lot.... I would love to just come home and park the kids in front of tv and hand them a computer, but I just cant. What the heck happened to imagination where a piece of wood was a candy bar..........Kids played in the street.. we knew "game on and game off"  for cars coming....  Our kids these days expect too much if you ask me. So in that, I know I could have perfect nights with electronics babysitting, but I cant do that to my kids.  So I get frustration and meltdowns.......I am such a great mom!!!!!!   LOLOLOLOL

Ok so I walk in the room and here is Samarra's sister Siahna............
 So you know what I said to her which she doesn't understand... Move back your going to go blind... I had to laugh a bit on that one...........Did anyone ever REALLY go blind from sitting too close to the TV???  I am curious, cause I know I heard it enough growing up!!!   HAHAHA  Did anyone's face ever freeze in a ugly position they made.. I heard that one too....... hum.......LOLOLOL

We go to Dr Kukas today for a check up on how meds and therapy are doing... This is always fun.. update tomorrow= )

So i didnt have to make dinner really........... I let electronics babysit my kids..........I did clean..........But went to bed early.........

SOOOOOOOO Why do I feel like a ZOMBIE today???????????

Oh well I will drink triple espresso and hope for the best!!!

Have an AWESOME Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment