Aspergers Mommy

My photo
Well I am a mom of two wonderful kids that I have been blessed with!!! I am not a psychiatrist, or a doctor so anything I say is not the answer to all, it might not even be the right thing for me!! lol I do my best with who and what I have to overcome any challenge with lots and lots of prayer,my mom who is God given just to me for this very reason, my sisters, and friends! I love life, mostly positive........BUT I am insane at times, get to the point of wanting to explode! lol.. I sing kids songs way too much! Did I mention I am OCD when it comes to cleaning. Which believe it or not I think is what keeps me sane. When I clean, I love it. Breakdowns, crying, talking, just all seem to be ok as I clean..Thank God for OCD!!!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Aspergers.......The DENTIST update!!! Dancing and tubes! June 30, 2011

GOOD THURSDAY MORNING!!!

Ok so I am sure you are all wondering how the dentist went...........SOOOOOOOOO here it is...
So the picture is before anything= )    Ok so here is what she had done....... Teeth brushes and ONE tooth looked at............ YUP that's it.

OK so a brief history lesson on why this goes the way it does.. Remember she does not like laying backwards, and she has a HUGE sensitivity to anything  being put in her mouth. PLUS I believe her anxiety level is high like me actually.. I don't like going either!!!!!!!

So she starts with the brushing... She is real good with Samarra... kind, but direct, bribes with stickers and toys....  SOOOOOO two times vomiting, kicking, wailing about, crying screaming, biting later teeth are brushed..... Now tooth has to be looked at, it is in the front... this should be easy.......... NOPE........  Another vomiting session, wont open mouth, kicking , screaming, repeating the words no, no no no no no no no , covering ears and rocking in the chair.. now the doctor comes over and he is real good, although did not calm her down was able to open her mouth with out getting knocked out and was able to see the tooth and we are done.................................... Samarra gets up and says.. I did good huh mommy........  I was brave............  I get three stickers and two toys................

WOW.............I wanted to say....... Heck no you didn't!!!!!!!!!  but i said yes honey I think you did as good as you have so far... which is true actually....  lol

OK, My turn.....So I am sure you would like to hear about kids, but the next paragraphs will be about me!!! This whole thing is about her, but it is also about me!!! I was so stressed out..............Mother instincts wanted me to grab her and leave and beat up the nurses and doctor, but the smart part6 knows she has to get looked at or it could cause her pain.......I try to understand how brushing teeth is so traumatic........... I am not an aspie, so I will never know until she is old enough to explain it well to me............ My heart is racing, my blood pressure went up, my head is pounding............I am waiting for them to throw us out any second and tell us to not come back.................. OMGosh, I hate it so bad......... I know she does too, BUT hers all stops like closing a door.........Mine stayed ALL DAY, I couldn't seem to break the headache............Now it wasn't so bad after a bit, but was still there nagging me all day!

I really want to know what to do to make this go smoother.............I feel like a horrible mom at times, even though I know I am not............. I just want her to be happy and stress free, anxiety free....  I can only imagine her blood pressure when she gets older!!!!!!!

Ok so I went to pick her up at moms later and the girls were all dressed up in dance costumes............AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW  pretending to dance, it was so cute....


Cute Cute.... Changed clothes and it is like the CUTE just melted away!!!  LOLOLOL......... I know shame on me as a mom saying that..HA............You weren't there don't judge  HAHA.....Samarra all of a sudden was determined she was leaving and i told her to wait and the debate started.........I cant even describe it, like she went in fast forward with determination and all the rest of us stayed at regular speed.........I am not even sure what she was saying, but i know I was saying NO!  I felt like the room was spinning with her words.........

Finally like I snapped, I dont think my head spun around or anything  lol, but i had to get loud a little.. and held up my hand and was like stop, she keeps going, i say it again....  Reminds me of a scene from the movie Austin Powers where Dr Evil was getting his son to be quiet...................  LOLOL  but i managed to get her to stop talking......... it was so BIZARRE!!!          She literally was talking too fast for my brain to comprehend............Of course I had taken some pain medicine for my head so maybe my world was in slow mo..............HAHAHAHAH

Ok off to home, guess what???? Home cooked meat on the grill again... kids ate good...  Steak, mac and cheese, mashed potato's, green beans, water.  WOO HOOO!!!!!!!

Can you guess what time it is?????????  HINT  6:30....................channel local 5................. Wheel of Fortune!!!!!!  Remember I said she watches it every  night= )


Elizabeth is over so the girls are now playing...  Yay!        UGGG so usually I have two follow me, now I have three................ OK so we dance a little, we play a little and now it is time for me to be alone for one minute, I sneak out the side door and go on back porch and realize my tree out there is really beautiful!!!  I don't know what it is, but i like it!


So I found out about a family thing that has my stress level up a bit, but want to say... for those who have issues come up with family..... LOVE and love unconditionally= )

Now back to work... Kids i mean... lol  They did pretty well all night which I was thankful for...........NEVER have all toys out at all times... rotate them!!!!!!!!  I did tonight and i got peace from it...

Here is the play tube!!

So that was our day.............. And I am thankful the night want good... I am sure my head would have started spinning if it had not lol

Happy Thursday to all!!!!!!!!

OH I haven't told her, but her Nanna is coming to pick her up at 530 today to spend the night with her!!!!   YAY!!!!!! Her Nanna is going to TRY and take her to a movie.. I will send headset with them.. Samarra wont care about movie, she will want food!  I will let ya know how that goes= )











 

No comments:

Post a Comment