Aspergers Mommy

My photo
Well I am a mom of two wonderful kids that I have been blessed with!!! I am not a psychiatrist, or a doctor so anything I say is not the answer to all, it might not even be the right thing for me!! lol I do my best with who and what I have to overcome any challenge with lots and lots of prayer,my mom who is God given just to me for this very reason, my sisters, and friends! I love life, mostly positive........BUT I am insane at times, get to the point of wanting to explode! lol.. I sing kids songs way too much! Did I mention I am OCD when it comes to cleaning. Which believe it or not I think is what keeps me sane. When I clean, I love it. Breakdowns, crying, talking, just all seem to be ok as I clean..Thank God for OCD!!!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Aspergers, Picky eater...June 9, 2011

HOWDY!  it is Thursday!!

OK so just so you know, my post are going to get boring probably if I keep having good nights!   I hope so, I want to be BORING!!!

I got home, i made a hamburger for the girls.. no cheese.. plain. So I know Samarra doesn't like meat, but she has got to learn she cant just eat starch. I cut the burger in half and gave Siahna part of half of the meat and gave Samarra half of the meat so we are talking about the size of half of a average size person palm of their hand.

This started at 6:p.m. I gave her nothing else except the meat first. GOOD MOTHER!!!  Thank you!  Well she didn't think that.. She told me i was horrible, hated me, wished she could live with someone else...  blah blah.. I am immune to all that... She knows better than to ask for me to put her up for adoption... Last time I agreed with her instantly and said I would have the papers done the next day...............She snapped right out of it and asked me quite a few times if I was being for real. Remember she does not understand humor or things like that. Maybe it isn't funny.. so why did i have so much fun with it???  OH WELL I am sick maybe....

So back to the meat.... It is now about 7 p.m. and she has made little progress...  I tell her.. Eat your meat....  I don't like it, me, Eat it anyway..... Me I am OCD cleaning I love it! I walk by, she had daddy's phone... I grab it out of her hand and said eat your meat....... Samarra, AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH   Me: eat it.

So my sister came over so we could set up a schedule for every day to help with Samarra, we got some planned but not all of it... It will help everyone all around if things are the same. Cross your fingers!

Debbi leaves and it is 8p.m. Me: Eat your meat!!!!!!!  OK while she wasn't looking i did take a bite of her meat......... it is good really, I didn't just plop down some raw meat for her to eat...

Finally meet is gone, I let her have a few chips.. and she is happy........

Time to brush teeth... The baby loves to brush her teeth, Samarra not so much.. Her gag reflex is SOOOOOO bad that we almost have issues every night.. I am told it is kind of a common thing with aspergers. It sucks!!!!  Yes I said that....  She has had to have major surgery on her teeth because we cant get them clean enough.........AND just to get her teeth cleaned we have to give her anesthesia. NO insurance doesn't cover it! Well I did used to take her..........I absolutely refuse to go now, if daddy doesn't go, then her teeth can fall out........I am not strong enough even with the anesthesia to hold her down and keep her from killing someone. That is why i opted for full blown surgery.................. I get so mad at the situation cause I try so hard to prepare for the visit and even touching her front teeth she starts tripping and I know it doesn't hurt.......... UUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGG  next appointment is June 29th........Good luck daddy, I am NOT going!

Just FYI if anyone reads this and needs help getting their child to brush better....  Get the before mouth rinse that turns teeth blue and the rule is keep rinsing and brushing until water is clear.. It helps!!!  Then just in case she didnt get all of it, we have I-Carly after rinse........... I try to floss with the fuzzy pokers instead of the string. But with her I have no idea if her teeth are truly clean or not... BUT it is not from lack of effort on my part! Sometimes I take over and gag her over and over just trying to make sure they are clean.........Sorry has to be done........



Almost bed time and the baby is ready! So I go ahead and put her to bed. She is so cute... it gets a bit cold through the night so I put on an older pair of pants and long sleeve shirt on her, I think she grew a bit... lol


Well I make a mistake and broke night time routine.
Samarra has her meltdown of the night. Where is the baby.... I put her to bed..........But now I don't get to hug and kiss her............I am sorry honey but she was ready.....................I am going into say goodnight............No your not!.......................yes I am and you cant do anything to make me not.. I am suppose to hug and kiss her goodnight!!!!!!!!.......You can see her in the morning and give her extra....  NO I am going, i am going I am going, I am going add about 10 or more to that of repeating................I then say...........DO IT and see what happens.............. She is mad as all get out now, crying and burring her face in pillow and hitting, throwing her stuff on floor............

Not sure how that turned out honestly, must have been ok, I went to my room and shut the door.. lol

OH by the way I did buy her noise reducing headphones, I called her therapy place... Sensational Kids in Edmond and they suggested and use with the kids Peltor Kid Quality Headband Style Earmuffs (NRR 22) Here is the link - Peltor Earmuffs  
The therapist says the description is accurate and they work great! I will give you my review once I get them and use them= )


Yes I did say it was a good night and it really was considering...

Have a Great Thursday and wish me luck tonight!!!

Oops a small observation, Samarra has gotten better since mom came back from holiday.........Got to have the MiMi, and I have to have my mommy= ) I love her!

1 comment:

  1. maybe its not the best idea to make your kid eat meat. she's refusing it for a reason. being aspie too, i can tell you how difficult it is to digest certain foods. not only is it uncomfortable and somewhat sickening, particularly with our own grade of chronic nausea (in my case anyway)... but also... you have to consider how the meat feels and tastes and smells to her... she may find it very irritating. i myself became vegetarian as soon as i was old enough to choose for myself. went a period of time and all i could eat was fruit and yogurt, because it is comfortable and easy to digest. no constipation or acid reflux or whatever else to deal with. the loss of appetite is a whole nother thing, and i agree you should encourage her to eat... but, meat is very much overrated. at the moment, im looking into that gluten free diet thats recommended for autists... check out this link: http://www.yourlittleprofessor.com/eaters.html

    ReplyDelete