Aspergers Mommy

My photo
Well I am a mom of two wonderful kids that I have been blessed with!!! I am not a psychiatrist, or a doctor so anything I say is not the answer to all, it might not even be the right thing for me!! lol I do my best with who and what I have to overcome any challenge with lots and lots of prayer,my mom who is God given just to me for this very reason, my sisters, and friends! I love life, mostly positive........BUT I am insane at times, get to the point of wanting to explode! lol.. I sing kids songs way too much! Did I mention I am OCD when it comes to cleaning. Which believe it or not I think is what keeps me sane. When I clean, I love it. Breakdowns, crying, talking, just all seem to be ok as I clean..Thank God for OCD!!!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Aspergers - Impatience, does she have worms??... June 7, 2011

Happy Happy Tuesday!!

Guess what????  I don't feel like crapola anymore...  you ask why???  My good friend Margaret told me that she eats a banana every time before she goes out in the heat and it keeps her from getting headaches like she used to...THANK YOU MARGARET!!  I went strait home yesterday and ate a banana and for extra measure I took a potassium pill from my mom who I call a voodoo mom, and my headache and aches went away!!!!!!!!!

Great information and i been asking doctors for years how to prevent this! My mom is NOT a voodoo lady by the way. She is in to natural prevention, I just tease her about it. I love my momma, and she has helped me when i felt my worse with her voodoo she do... lolol

MOM is my savor today, she got us a cheese pizza from Little Ceasers!!
Little Caesars Pizza Midwest City, OK

You do know what that means right????????  I don't have to rush to get food ready!!!!!  I did a happy dance when I found out!! Not sure you want to EVER see that dance...  lol

So we are off to a great start to the evening..  Lets see, get home and the girls are wanting mommy time so on to the bed.. They will stay there forever.. I don't know why... Even when i get up to go do bottles, laundry and clean. Have I told you Samarra loves Wheel of Fortune? Yes, it is 6:30 and we watch it on ALL tv's in the house turned up loud...  So here is a great example of sensitivity  issues, the TV loud doesn't bother her at all..........But it drives me insane!  OK moms, and dads I know you know what loud TV's, kids playing and yelling, multiple toys with sound, and phone ringing causes right???
 1. Ignore phone
2. Put up all the toys with noise
3. Turn down TV's
All this must be done with in 5 seconds or my nerves get shot!!!!!!!  I move quicker in that situation than i think any... except is someone is hurt of course= )

OK, back on track,  So Samarra ate dinner and we have been home about 30 minutes and she is begging for food...I just tell her she can have a snack after I am done picking up...  She responds to this.......
MOM, I have worms in my stomach eating my food so I am not getting it, I need more food!  I start cracking up... I KNEW instantly, my mother had said something to her about it. But maybe she has a point.. I have never seen her eat so much, or any child!!!

OK, I let her have a banana, that's not bad.. then peanut butter, Cheeze Its, yogurt and she still wanted more.. Now I am on the verge of abuse, if i give her one more thing, it is my fault. So NO and we had no more!

OK, so my title has impatience in it... We had no meltdowns tonight and I am happy happy... We danced in the kitchen, we danced in the living room, played the copy game with the baby.... But somehow in all of this when she wants something like a drink or for me to come to a different room, see the baby doing something, it has to be such a big production that drives me insane.. Right now i just push the instant anger down and try to ignore it, but last night i got childish and copied some of her actions... She got mad at me.. lol  So as a mother why did I find this funny...........Shame on me!  But I want to do it again... I might to, unless someone tells me i am danging her for LIFE!

So here is a scenario and I will pick on, but keep in mind this happens every day at least twice even up to 10 times, and I don't usually mention these.

Samarra: Can I have a drink
Me: Yes, give me a few moments to finish, it could be something like changing a diaper that you DON'T just get up and leave that second.
Samarra: But how long is a moment
Me: When I get done
Samarra: But I am thirsty now
Me: Samarra, I cant just leave sissy with out a diaper on, I am almost done, just a second... crap.... I said "second"
Samarra: Counting 1. Now are you ready?
Samarra: come on
Samarra: Come on now mom

Me: Honey, can you see I am almost done and i will get you a drink
Samarra: Come on
Me: Ignore
Samarra: Making some funny face and waving for me to come on and making some noise...
Me: Coppied her doing whatever you call what she was doing, but of course I made it worse...  LOL
Samarra: Mad face, and that is not nice!
Me: Well your doing it, why cant I?
Samarra: Mom I am thirsty
Me: Ok im done I need to put diaper away and wash
Samarra: NO, i want a drink NOW!
Me: Sorry you will have to wait, do you want dirty hands getting it?
Samarra: Yes as long as I get it now.
Me: Whatever...

Gets her drink and she is fine.... That all took about maybe 2 minutes.... She is the most impatient person I know!!!! This is a normal conversation and it drives me insane, but not as much as other things... I hate debates on things as stupid as why cant i touch the oven when its on........ I seriously need to get her in debate classes!!!!!!!!!

So today I spoke to Samarra's therapist, I have been hearing each time that Samarra is getting more and more uncooperative with therapy... So I was talking to my friend and she said, so take a break. I gave this some thought. We talked and I think Samarra although likes routine can get too comfortable in one situation and I think she needs to expand. So the therapist said she would look into some group classes for her and maybe one-on-one once a month. I think this will be great. We shall see and I will give you a follow-up= )

My bestie reminded me that Samarra is craving information on how to act with others and this is just what she needs!  Thanks Jalaine!!!  LOVE YA ALWAYS!  Cant wait for TACO's Sunday!!!  YUMMY!  I will wear pregnant pants that day  lol I haven't told Samarra yet and will not until we are almost to your house  lol

So Apple must think we are awesome, I mean "The Oklahoma"...  look at this pic at a conference!!! A co-worker of mine Scott Horton posted this on facebook, so you will need facebook to see it. Go Oklahoman, GO Oklahoman.!!
WOO HOO!!! 

OK guys, have a WONDERFUL Tuesday!!!

No new pictures today.. but here is an oldie but goodie= )










 AWWWWW!!!!! Samarra was almost 1 here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment