Aspergers Mommy

My photo
Well I am a mom of two wonderful kids that I have been blessed with!!! I am not a psychiatrist, or a doctor so anything I say is not the answer to all, it might not even be the right thing for me!! lol I do my best with who and what I have to overcome any challenge with lots and lots of prayer,my mom who is God given just to me for this very reason, my sisters, and friends! I love life, mostly positive........BUT I am insane at times, get to the point of wanting to explode! lol.. I sing kids songs way too much! Did I mention I am OCD when it comes to cleaning. Which believe it or not I think is what keeps me sane. When I clean, I love it. Breakdowns, crying, talking, just all seem to be ok as I clean..Thank God for OCD!!!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Aspergers, Quick to snap!! June 21, 2011

Happy Tuesday!!!!!!!

It was so nice outside this morning! Beautiful sky!

Today's weather - NewsOK Weather

So I want to start out with some VERY important information that you probably didn't know before you read this... But it will explain so much! Did you know that when kids pull ALL the pillows and blankets from the whole house and put them in a pile on the floor there is a metamorphosis that takes place in all of them that causes them to become 100X heavier than they were before they got on the floor, this preventing them from picking them up and putting them back where they got them??????????? See you didn't know did you?? Well that seems to be what happens in my house anyway.... lololol

Here is what it may look like for reference!













So the night went pretty good, she ate a whole hot dog, it was one of those Hebrew, 98% fat free ones made with all beef!!!!! Of course we had to go through our daily routine of me not being quick enough with dinner and her acting as if the world is coming to an end because she doesn't have food in her mouth! Here is a good question.. I never can get dinner ready before almost 6, I don't even get off till 5.... How did 5:30 become the breaking point???????  Can I not get 15 more minutes in her routine???  I guess I can try to ask her that...  lol I am telling you I cant keep up with her. I wish her food likes would become at least a little routine. But whatever she is happy and full for at least 30 minutes.

Made the mistake a couple times of using the word "second" and "minute" and of course I got the counting from samarra, I am more aggravated at myself in this time.....  I need to see if there is a word anonymous class, I don't mean this to make fun of AA or anything like that, I just cant quit saying those words KNOWING what happens when I do!   UGGGGGGG

I did everything I could last night to make the night perfect, and it almost was, I got all crafty and MADE a new game for us to play. I took paper and cut pieces out and wrote words on each and put tape on the back and put it on wax paper.... We had to choose one and go put it on the others head and act it out so the person wearing it could guess what it was.... I used very simple words and it was fun... Different.. I get so tired of the same games...  Am I proud of me? Yes I am!


Now, the only part of Samarra's aspergers that came out in this time was her ability to SNAP instantly but short lived.... This aggravates me so much! If we don't hurry and she has to wait even a second she gets angry so fast!!!!!!  I mean no one said we are done, we are playing the game like she wants, and if we don't play as fast as she likes, she gets all angry and frustrated...  I do point it out to her and ask her if she is done playing game... Of course she says no, and when questioned why, she just simply says. You need to focus on game and keep it flowing....  What the???   Oh well...  We had fun anyway!!!!!!!  Woo hoo!!

AND then it was time to stop playing, this part is never fun... I did the childish thing again and pretended to cry with her and make it much more dramatic than she ever could. Made her mad, she stormed off, i followed her and she had her hands over her ears and buried in blanket. And its done.  That was soooooooooo much fun  lolol

So now all is happy in house , she is playing with sister good... getting ready for bed, snack time.........Siahna was so cute she had to eat her snack in the castle last night... lol   AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW

Samarra is pretty content tonight, i think she missed being home. Brushed teeth and right to bed... As nights go, success!!!!!

Go me, go me.......I need someone to pat me on the back  lol

Have a great Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: